Contracting is a viable employment solution for many people. It provides the reliability of a weekly income and benefits but it doesn’t limit you to one particular client/employer for the long term. It also provides flexibility to your lifestyle. So if, for example, you want to go south for the winter – you could! It also provides flexibility for the client. The client gets the work they need completed by a skilled individual without hiring them onto their payroll.
Many clients will use Contract-to-Direct to evaluate a candidate to make sure they know how to do the work and to see if they will fit within their organization. At the same time, you get to evaluate the client to see if they are the type of company and the work you want to do long-term. Sometimes the solution will change from Contracting to Contract-to-Direct based on the candidates ability to perform the work, how well they fit into the organization, and if the client determines they afford to hire the candidate long-term.
Peters Search Group will utilize Top Echelon Contracting (TEC) for all Contracting and Contracting-to-Direct solutions.
Top Echelon Contracting:
- Handles all of the back office responsibilities of payroll (direct deposit) and payment of taxes to the appropriate taxing authorities (federal, state and local). They are the Employer of Record.
- Offers medical and other benefit coverage to all employees.
- Has all employee records accessible through the internet.
- Will provide your W-2 form at the end of the year.
- TEC operates in 49 of 50 states (sorry – not Hawaii).
For more information, contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org