A manufacturer of custom packaging equipment is seeking a Senior Electrical Controls Engineer to add to their growing staff. This company is located in southern Michigan near major cities, shopping, sports(college and pro) venues and tons of all season activities.
To be responsible for the overall electrical controls design and functionality of manufactured product. This would include creating I/O lists, software programs and “hands on” work during start-up and debugging of new equipment. This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
- Commission and debug new equipment to meet customer specifications
- Create full design packages for each new piece of equipment – BOM, drawings, assembly drawings and layouts.
- Check and validate all final design documentation, parts, etc.
- Develop PLC, HMI and Motion Control programs for projects
- Provide technical support to service department and customers
- Resolve manufacture and customer issues
- 4 yr degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field
- 8-10 years of experience in field and familiar with standard concepts, practices, etc.
- Proficient with current versions of RA RsLogix 500 or 500 software. Other controls related software experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of applications, components: pneumatic, I/O devices, AC/DC drives, servos, etc.
- Experience with packaging equipment is preferred.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
Compensation: $85,000 – $105,000
Benefits: Company provides a complete package of benefits to their employees.
Relocation: A relocation package will be offered to the selected candidate.
Good company. Growing company. Click here to get started today!