Ready for a change? This small southern Michigan manufacturer of semi-custom packaging equipment is adding a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to their growing business. This position will report to the Director of Engineering.
The basic role of this position is to obtain the customer specifications and develop and design the equipment/machinery.
- Develop full design packages – BOM, drawings, and layouts
- Validate all aspects of the design package
- Work with engineering and sales staff on machine specifications, capabilities, concepts, challenges and final design approval
- Develop all drawing for final assembly
- Complete all engineering change orders: parts, components and revise drawings as required.
- Lead product development/improvement teams for improved designs
- Be the technical resource person for training, sales and purchasing.
- 4 year degree – ME or other similar field
- 8-10 years of experience in designing packaging machinery
- Expert level with AutoCad and Inventor
- Strong knowledge of product handling, machine capabilities and assembly operations
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects
Compensation: $85,000 – $105,000 (DOE)
Benefits: The company provides a complete package of benefits to their employees.
Relocation: Will be offered to the selected candidate.
Good company! Great opportunity! Get started NOW!